Do you have an issue with fast fashion? Are you a dynamic and motivated individual with a passion for pattern making and have a keen interest in the fashion industry?
At Labwear Studios we are thriving for a world where we manufacture innovative garments in high-tech factories in Europe, on-demand! No overproduction! All circular!
Does that sound interesting and are you up for the challenge?
Well, this is your chance to join Labwear Studios as a Pattern Maker and actively help achieving our goal.
As a Pattern Maker, you will be part of our operations team and work closely with our sales team to create patterns according to the client’s product vision. Your expertise will be key to develop perfect fitting and innovative silhouettes and product details. You’re complementing a young and enthusiastic team to support emerging designers in creating innovative products.
How will you help, to move the needle:
- Develop and create patterns for garments based on design specifications and sketches.
- Create digital samples to evaluate the desired fit.
- Collaborate with designers, sample makers, and production teams to ensure the patterns meet the product vision.
- Analyze and make adjustments to patterns as needed for prototypes and final products, taking into consideration fabric properties and construction methods.
- Create and maintain a pattern library, including patterns for different sizes and variations.
- Participate in the development and improvement of production processes to increase efficiency and accuracy.
We also hope that you “tick the following boxes,” as they say in corporate land:
- Proven experience as a Pattern Maker in the fashion industry.
- Proficiency in pattern making software and related tools (e.g., CLO 3D, Audaces, CAD, Gerber, Optitex).
- Strong understanding of garment construction and different types of fabrics.
- Knowledge of sizing, fit, and grading.
- Detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with design and production teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Creativity and the ability to think critically about design and fit.
What’s in for you:
- Project-based pay, flexible working hours
- Work in our office in Zurich or remotely (hybrid work).
- Networking opportunities within the fashion industry.
- Travel around Europe to visit factories, interesting clients, and events.
- Potential for future career opportunities based on performance.
How to Apply:
If you are ready to kick-start your career in pattern making and contribute to the success of a dynamic fashion company, we encourage you to apply for this Pattern Maker position at Labwear Studios. Please submit your resume, along with a brief cover letter highlighting your interest in the role and your relevant skills and experiences. Additionally, please submit a one-pager where you write about your passion for the fashion industry, about who or what inspires you, and what you think about the future of fashion.